Product Review: Lotus Herbals Whiteglow skin whitening and brightening Masque
Hi Girls, these few reviews are long over due. I am sorry for being less regular on the blog. I am gonna move to my University Hostel for next one month, as April is a crucial month for me. I am going to present my pre-submission seminar in that month and then would have to submit my Thesis too. I am just praying to God to let everything go smoothly. I will be back in May and then would be more regular here. Till that time, I would be more or less absent from here, as Internet speed in hostel sucks and in any case amongst all those crazy friends it is quite next to impossible to get some private time for myself and for my site. 🙂 Hope, you understand my concerns and would not forget me (read ditch me 🙁 ) in the mean time. 😉
Ok now let’s move on to the product of concern here. Lotus Herbals whiteglow yogurt skin whitening and brightening Masque was launched in the new and much talked about range of Lotus Herbals. Whole range includes six skin care products. To get an idea about it, you can check the link here.
So, now let’s go into the technicalities. 🙂
Brand: Lotus Herbals
Name: Whiteglow skin whitening and brightening Masque
Price: INR 145/-
Ingredients: Active ingredients of milk yogurt and Bearberry. D.M., Water, kaolin, light liquid paraffin, glycerin, bentonite, glyceryl monostearate, polysorbate-80, zinc oxide, acacia senegal (gum acacia), yogurt powder, cetostearyl alcohol, arctostaphylos UVA-ursi (bearberry) extract, cetyl alcohol, xanthan gum, 2-phenoxyethanol, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, alpha-arbutin, fragrance.
Packaging: The best thing about this whole range was its cute yet classy looking all white and silver packaging. So, even this product is no exception. It comes in a tube like normal face cleansers. I liked the fact that it is not like other face packs which comes in a tub. I feel those tubs to be very unhygienic and just because of its sleek packaging; it is quite easy to carry it around. Plus it would make sure that product does not get dry-out when not in use for longer periods of time (which happens to me a lot of time).
What it claims: It improves skin texture making it firm to give you brighter, younger and radiant skin. Yogurt and Bearberry the active ingredient not only nourishes your skin but hydrates and helps regain moisture. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid which is an active skin lightening, anti-aging, firming and restructuring agent of skin. Yogurt is effective at cleansing and disinfecting pores, preventing acne, moisturizing and revitalizing skin texture. It also reduces the size of pores and eliminates dead flakes to reveal a fresh, glowing visage.
Fragrance: Its fragrance is very mild and soothing. I hate the smell of yogurt in other products from this range, but some how in face masque, it feels nice and fresh.
What I like about this:
- Does not dehydrate the skin like other face-packs.
- Is very moisturizing and make the skin feel soft to touch.
- Skin looks bright and fresh after using it. (So, it is not wrong in its claim of BRIGHTENING the skin.)
- It feels cool and soft on face and I just like applying this creamy texture on my face just for the sake of it. It feels as if I am applying some balm on face (in a good sense).
- A very nice looking and practical packaging.
- Price is very appropriate for the amount and quality of product you are getting.
What I didn’t like about it:
- It does not dry out properly, which leaves me wondering whether it meant to get dry or not. As the texture is really creamy, it does not get dried easily. Though it is not a con, but then how would I come to know that now is the time to remove the pack? 😉
- Does nothing as far as FAIRNESS claim is concerned.
- Long list of chemical ingredients in a herbal product just made me have a step back and wonder are HERBAL PRODUCTS really HERBAL???
My take on the product: Overall it is a good average face-masque. It does brighten up your skin, but does nothing for making it fair or white. But even then I liked it because of its creamy and moisturizing quality. As though summers have arrived but even then my skin does not get on friendly terms with other drying face packs which makes my skin looking flaky, so I would keep on using it for its hyderating properties.
Would I repurchase it: Not sure, I am really liking it so far and so far this is the only product apart from gel crème from this range that I have genuinely liked. But, I am not sure that I would buy it again or not. So, if I get some other nice alternative, I guess I would skip it in future, or else in the absence of any other decent face pack, I would buy it again. Confused??? 😀
We will keep you updated