Product Review: Maybelline Eye Studio (Plush Silk Eye shadows) in Give Me Gold.
We all know that we girls just can’t get enough of makeup products. Right? So, this is one other eye shadow quad from Maybelline. And, OMG this is what I have been looking from so long (a nice quality eye-shaodow palette which is decently prized and pays off really well). This is indeed one of the best drugstore eye products, I have ever tried, and it instantly glamorizes your eyes. I am so impressed with this product that I thought to write a review about it.
Brand: Maybelline (New York).
Name: Maybelline Expert EyeStudio Quad – Give Me Gold.
Price: INR 375/-
Ingredients: They have listed them all, and it is such a huge list, that I thought it would be better to post its pic here.
Packaging: The packaging is a simple plastic compact that can easily be thrown into the makeup bag or travel kit. But, overall it is unimpressive and looks very flimsy.
Shades: The palette includes a silky champagne beige, golden yellow, copper-bronze and a mid earthy brown. All shades except the copper-bronze contain fine iridescent shimmer (to give a sparkly look), whereas copper-bronze is more of a metallic frost finish.
What I liked about it:
- All shades are highly pigmented.
- The texture is smooth and buttery soft, it really is a dream to apply and blend with.
- The colors are quite long-lasting.
- Champagne beige shade is an awesome option for a highlighter on cheek bones and on brow line.
- Usually all drugstore eye-shadow kits come with a total crappy and useless brush, but it is actually having a very soft and good quality applicator given inside.
- These eye-shadows come in 12 different colored options. (I am reviewing here “Give me Gold!”).
- It is such a nice alternative for all those who can’t afford high-end products, as this silk infused formula can definitely give those insanely high priced products a good run for their money.
- As it is quite shimmery, it looks wonderful for parties and such occasions.
What I didn’t like about it:
- Packaging (It is highly unoriginal and looks cheap. I think it would not last long if you carry it around in your bag or kit).
- Not all shades are available at all counters and most of the times you would be having a choice of 3-4 (most popular) palettes only to choose from.
Verdict: We are often left with wanting more from mass makeup, but Maybelline really knocked it out this time with their Eye Studio collection. Other than the ‘meh’ packaging, I’m pleased. The product itself is the most important part, and it is definitely a standout. Although those who hate shimmers on their eyes and prefer matt looks more, can give it a skip. But, from my point, this was one of the best eye-shadows I’ve ever tried.
So, girls! What are your opinions on that? And if you like the review; don’t forget to like it underneath or share your thoughts with me through comments. 🙂
We will keep you updated