Recipe: Prawn in schezewan sauce with exotic veggie noodles
Prawn in schezewan sauce (servings -4)
- 1 packet frozen prawns (deveined)
- 1tbsp schezewan sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- 3-4 baby corn (cut cube sized )
- broccoli florets
- yellow, green and red capsicum long and slicely cut (half cup all mixed)
- 1 carrots( long and thin sliced)
- 1/3 cup Chinese cabbage (optional) long and thin sliced
- spring onions with green portion (half cup) chopped
- corn flour 1-2 tbsp mixed with water
- salt to taste
- aginomoto( optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil if not use vegetable oil(refined oil)
Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add garlic, ginger with schezewan sauce, sauté well. Add prawns and above all exotic vegetables (baby corn, broccoli, capsicum, Chinese cabbage, carrot, spring onions). Mix well.
Add soya sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar. Add water mixed with cornflour. Mix well, now add salt, sugar and aginomoto. If it’s very thick, add little water. Cover it and keep it for 10 minutes.
Garnish it with green portion of spring onions finely chopped.
NOTE: For vegetarians they can add cottage cheese and mushrooms instead of prawns
Exotic veggie noodles
- 2 packet ching’s noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil or cooking oil(refined oil)
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 7-8 florets of broccoli
- 1/2 cup cube sized baby corn
- 1/2 cup green capsicum (thin n long sliced)
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage or green cabbage (long and finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup spring onions( sliced)
- 1/2 cup carrots (thin and long finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup zucini (thin and long finely sliced) optional
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1tbsp soya sauce
- 1tbsp chilli sauce
- 1tbsp vinegar
- pinch of aginomoto
Boil noodles, drain and wash them directly under tap cold water and keep them aside.
NOTE: while boiling noodles, add 1 tsp of vegetable cooking oil with 1/2 tsp of salt in order to avoid stickiness.
Now heat wok, add oil, garlic and all the above mentioned veggies (broccoli, baby corn, capsicum, cabbage, spring onions, carrote, zucin). Mix them well.
Add soya, vinegar and chiili sauce. Nw add salt, pepper and aginomoto. Mix them all very well and serve hot with prawns in schezewan sauce.
GUEST POST by Devika Dadwal Rana
We will keep you updated